busy day tomorrow, Cat-fish weigh in and auction
tons of stuff for the auctions, and several other things with will be up for sale and give away.
not to mention the winners of the Cat-fish tournament,
4:pm is the end of the weight on and start of the Auction and drawings and a lot of stuff.
Josh Olive at 941-625-3888 is handling the set up,
We will be at Westchester gold until 8:pm for tournament sign ups tonight Fri.
Hope to see you there,
and in a couple months at the new store “God & the insurance company ” willing
Well New store? Almost
We agreed on a price for the building at 4535 Tamiami Trail in Charlotte Harbor
just 4 building south of the old Fishin Franks. Yes that one
Now I have to get insurance money and a mortgage. So as I said step one of three is done.
Today is the start of the cat fish tournament and we will be at Westchester gold until 8:pm tonight signing up people
The fishing starts at 4:pm this afternoon and will go until 4:pm Saturday.
The weigh inn will be at Fishermans Village Harpoon Harry’s We hope to see you there for raffles auctions and the cheer the winners.
We are so much closer, Did not think a month after that pick up truck landed on the store. Still how weird is that, We would have a place to Start again and it is you all who have made it possible.
Hope to see you at westchester Gold for the signup and at Fisherman’s Village for the weigh in
Thank you & We miss you all
24 hours of cat-fishing tournament, starts this Friday afternoon at 4:pm and the weigh in is from
Saturday noon until 4:pm you must have your cat-fish weighed in or be in-line, before 4:pm
Prizes and drawings all happing at Harpoon Harry’s fishermans village Saturday.
entry fee $35.000. A word of advice practice your game face for when your kid out fishes you.
Name of the game have fun you can fish all night you have 24 hours or just a hour or so,
your choice, NO teams each person is able to put a fish on the scale
Had a real good time at Shorty’s very nice comfortable place,
Now looking forward to Pizza at Uncle Nicks tomorrow at 11:am
we have been out more in the last two weeks than the last two decades
thanks to the Defenders what a great group of people .
See you at Uncle Nicks Pizza tomorrow
Fishin Frank and Pirate Crew
Kill Tournament yes was my idea.
here is why, In todays world everyone is wonderful about catch and release, If you are not goinng to eat it llet it go, Great idea makes us all better people.
Here is the problem, People do not eat cat-fish as a rule, But they do eat many other types of fish. which lowers their numbers and gives the cat-fish a very big advantage.
Just a few years ago the cat fish got a virus of some kind, No not Covid , but hey I dont know and they died by the thousands, A very creul death.
During this tournament we are hoping, That after someone catches a cat fish, they would put it in ice, this allows the cat fish to die of hypothermia, where which the cat fish just falls asleep. where as dying from sickness is a bad way to go,
This Tournament balances the fish populations Giving Snook, Red fish, Tarpon and others a more level playing field, and may stop sickness disease from spreading through the cat fish Population.
It is easy to say, don’t do this, or you are a bad person because I think differently, and maybe your right and I am wrong, But I believe that some times you have to be cruel to be kind, and the right thing to do is not the easy or simple choice.
So love, me hate, agree or disagree, This is what I think and what I believe
So yes it will be a kill Tournament
for better or worse
Yes indeedy we are going to shorty’s Bar today 3:pm , Meeting a great group of biker
the whole gang will be there. and tomorrow 11:am Uncle Nicks Pizza.
We are living on a roller coaster, We got a deal on a place, we don’t have a deal, and back again.
So a drink or two today and a talk with the Pirate crew about options, we are working on and where they would like to proceed, After all it is all of us, and not just my life So a bit of discussion then relax and enjoy time with frineds,
Sunday at 11:am we are getting together at Uncle Nicks for some great food and the gang will have had the night to think about the choices and give me direction on which way they would like to go.
As I said before, maybe I am getting old but so many decisions and things, Heck I needed a vacation two years ago,
I would have thought not going to work every day, would be eaiser, this is much harder and way more stress.
So stop by and chat with the Pirate crew. or come to Uncle Nicks sunday.
A confused, stressed, hopeful, old guy Fishin Frank
Fishin’ Frank’s Fire Fund Catfish Tournament Official Rules
This should be a fun Tournament, Where your kid or you have the same chance and in the sprit of Fishin Franks
any one can hope to win whether from the bank or boat.
1. The tournament will be held June 26-27, 2020, rain or shine. Once an angler has entered and paid, there will be no refunds for any reason.
2. The entry fee for the tournament is $32.71 plus sales tax ($35.00 total) per angler. Registration and payment may be made in person at Westchester Gold & Diamonds (Baers Plaza, 4200 Tamiami Trail, Unit F, Port Charlotte, FL 33952) from 2 to 5:30 p.m. on the following dates: June 19 and 22-26; and from 1 to 3:30 p.m. on June 20. If you cannot register in person, call Josh Olive at 941-276-9657.
3. Entries are individual. Anglers must catch their own fish. Fishing assistance from any outside entity is not permitted, except that an assistant may handle a net or other landing device to help in safely landing a fish.
4. All anglers must be at least 5 years old on June 27, 2020. To participate, minors under the age of 18 at time of registration must provide tournament organizers with an affidavit signed by their legal guardian.
5. Any angler who has not signed a waiver is not a participant in the tournament.
6. Tournament fishing will begin with an honor start at 4 p.m. June 26. Fish caught prior to this time are not eligible.
7. Each angler may enter one saltwater catfish (hardhead or gafftopsail catfish only). Winners of first through fourth places shall be decided based on the weight of that catfish, with heaviest weights winning. There will also be a prize for the lightest catfish weighed. Additional prizes may be awarded for random places at the discretion of tournament officials.
8. Nothing may be added to an entered fish to increase its weight. Any fish so altered will be immediately disqualified. All winning catfish will be subject to gutting or other inspections at the discretion of tournament officials.
9. Tournament weigh-in will be held from noon to 4 p.m. June 27 at Harpoon Harry’s (Fishermen’s Village, 1200 W. Retta Esplanade, Punta Gorda, FL 33950). Entrants who are not in line for weigh-in by 4 p.m. shall be disqualified.
10. In the event no eligible catfish are entered, prizes shall be awarded by random drawing of all entries in the tournament.
11. Anglers may fish any legally accessible waters on the west coast of Florida from shore or from a boat.
12. Tournament fish must be caught using a rod and reel and in a sporting manner (no foul hooking). Anglers may fish up to three rods at a time. All rods must be attended at all times.
13. All legal baits and artificial lures are allowed.
14. Each angler shall be responsible for the legal disposal of his or her own catfish.
15. All participants are required to follow all applicable federal, state and local statutes, rules and regulations. This includes slow or idle zones and manatee areas for boaters, and trespassing laws for shore-based anglers. Any violations of such statutes, rules and regulations may result in disqualification from this tournament. Additionally, anyone fishing from a boat must have all required U.S. Coast Guard safety equipment.
16. All tournament participants are required to conduct themselves in a sportsmanlike manner during all tournament activities. Unacceptable behavior may result in disqualification from this tournament.
17. Protests are allowed up to 30 minutes after the end of the tournament. All protests must be in writing and accompanied by a $200 fee. If the protest is upheld, the fee will be returned. If the protest is denied, the tournament will retain the protest fee. Protests will be determined by tournament organizers.
18. Tournament organizers retain the right to amend these rules at any time except during tournament hours.
Buildings and places, I am working with Howard Corr. we have been looking at lot and lots of building, as far as a realtor I call him port Charlotte’s CIA he knows every one and several other realtors have helped as well. I can promise you, if there is so much as a commercial dog house, ware house, building for sale or lease we are looking at it. I have lived in the fiishin Franks bubble and I can tell you the real world is not where I wanted to be 2020 is tough to deal with and expensive. I liked being in the time warp that was Fishin Franks.
Life just keeps getting strange
So I called my younger Sister Pam and was telling her about my luck looking at a building, which was reported to have been built on a possible grave yard, With every one telling my about it being haunted and all .
With out skipping a beat, She says no problem in her store they have some Crystals which are dug up here in the states some where and Her and or her staff can make them happy ghost and cross them over of some thing any way. Really I have a sister in the Sprit business. I have to keep up more,
Now another choice to make Do I buy the building, and then should I bring in Pam, mess up their home,
They have been there a long time, and well I don’t like some one messing with me.
I really don’t know If I believe inn ghost and things like that, But damn After a Pick up on my roof
maybe I did make a sprit mad or something, It is not like I am running a lucky streak.
So I knew Pam had a gift shop and she was in to all that stuff, did not know she was into “Ghost repair”
maybe I should write a book, who could make this stuff up?
Well My Sister owns Down to earth.
own To earth a Gathering Place 0n facebook
2792 Tamiami Trl, Port Charlotte, FL
Call (941) 883-6060
We had almost all of the gang together and the music , The atmosphere all really good,
raised money for several Clubs and Fishin Franks Fire fund, Daryl a good friend from up north found out how welcoming and friendly southern bikers and folks can be. All in all excellent day until my back ended
the good times a little early, I think this is going to test Doc Windsor on getting me to walk and function properly,
But before my back took me out, I even got to play Bass with the band, “Feast or Famine” and they are really good,
Thank you to everyone, Myself, And all of the Crew were more than misty eyed.