Tournament Fri and Sat June 26th & 27
Fishin’ Frank’s Fire Fund Catfish Tournament Official Rules
This should be a fun Tournament, Where your kid or you have the same chance and in the sprit of Fishin Franks
any one can hope to win whether from the bank or boat.
1. The tournament will be held June 26-27, 2020, rain or shine. Once an angler has entered and paid, there will be no refunds for any reason.
2. The entry fee for the tournament is $32.71 plus sales tax ($35.00 total) per angler. Registration and payment may be made in person at Westchester Gold & Diamonds (Baers Plaza, 4200 Tamiami Trail, Unit F, Port Charlotte, FL 33952) from 2 to 5:30 p.m. on the following dates: June 19 and 22-26; and from 1 to 3:30 p.m. on June 20. If you cannot register in person, call Josh Olive at 941-276-9657.
3. Entries are individual. Anglers must catch their own fish. Fishing assistance from any outside entity is not permitted, except that an assistant may handle a net or other landing device to help in safely landing a fish.
4. All anglers must be at least 5 years old on June 27, 2020. To participate, minors under the age of 18 at time of registration must provide tournament organizers with an affidavit signed by their legal guardian.
5. Any angler who has not signed a waiver is not a participant in the tournament.
6. Tournament fishing will begin with an honor start at 4 p.m. June 26. Fish caught prior to this time are not eligible.
7. Each angler may enter one saltwater catfish (hardhead or gafftopsail catfish only). Winners of first through fourth places shall be decided based on the weight of that catfish, with heaviest weights winning. There will also be a prize for the lightest catfish weighed. Additional prizes may be awarded for random places at the discretion of tournament officials.
8. Nothing may be added to an entered fish to increase its weight. Any fish so altered will be immediately disqualified. All winning catfish will be subject to gutting or other inspections at the discretion of tournament officials.
9. Tournament weigh-in will be held from noon to 4 p.m. June 27 at Harpoon Harry’s (Fishermen’s Village, 1200 W. Retta Esplanade, Punta Gorda, FL 33950). Entrants who are not in line for weigh-in by 4 p.m. shall be disqualified.
10. In the event no eligible catfish are entered, prizes shall be awarded by random drawing of all entries in the tournament.
11. Anglers may fish any legally accessible waters on the west coast of Florida from shore or from a boat.
12. Tournament fish must be caught using a rod and reel and in a sporting manner (no foul hooking). Anglers may fish up to three rods at a time. All rods must be attended at all times.
13. All legal baits and artificial lures are allowed.
14. Each angler shall be responsible for the legal disposal of his or her own catfish.
15. All participants are required to follow all applicable federal, state and local statutes, rules and regulations. This includes slow or idle zones and manatee areas for boaters, and trespassing laws for shore-based anglers. Any violations of such statutes, rules and regulations may result in disqualification from this tournament. Additionally, anyone fishing from a boat must have all required U.S. Coast Guard safety equipment.
16. All tournament participants are required to conduct themselves in a sportsmanlike manner during all tournament activities. Unacceptable behavior may result in disqualification from this tournament.
17. Protests are allowed up to 30 minutes after the end of the tournament. All protests must be in writing and accompanied by a $200 fee. If the protest is upheld, the fee will be returned. If the protest is denied, the tournament will retain the protest fee. Protests will be determined by tournament organizers.
18. Tournament organizers retain the right to amend these rules at any time except during tournament hours.